Have your say...

Posted by: admin July 19th, 2014

Recent changes to the Local Government (Elections) Act 1999 mean that at 1 January of every election year, all landlords, business lessees and resident non-Australian citizens will be removed from the Council voters roll and must re-enrol to be able to vote. 

To ensure you receive ballot papers for the next Council elections in November 2014 you must enrol. 

If you are already on the State Electoral roll (in this Council area) to vote in State elections you will automatically be included on the Council Voters Roll and will receive ballot papers. You do not need to enrol again. 

*If you are 17 years of age and enrolled as a provisional voter on the State Electoral roll and turn 18 by close of voting (12pm, 16th November 2014), you are entitled to vote and will receive ballot papers. 

*If you have moved house or changed your name, you need to complete a new enrolment form. 

Enrolment for the Council Elections close at 12pm, 16th September 2014.